Please Login.

Fish's Manifesto

Go down

Fish's Manifesto

Post by Fish on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:04 pm

I just wanted to take some time to type out some of my "hot tips" and feelings about operations and communication in DayZ. Nothing here reflects anything other than my own opinion, so take it all with a grain of salt.

Manners
Although tensions can run high during gameplay, I would like to stress that everyone here is a real human being and have their own experiences they carry to the game. Raging, trolling, short tempers, and general rudeness can be reshaped into helpful progress if you realize that its only a game and working towards more cooperation is the only thing that will better our team play. Show patience and be the better person by working with others deficiencies.

Gameplay
Although I personally do not do anything that might change my gameplay experience, I realize that other members have slightly different views on how the game should be played. Alt-F4, duping, respawning for certain spawns, and server hoping are all grey areas of the game right now. Because you play the game a certain way does not mean that all other will view it the same. Just play how you need to play to enjoy the game, you cannot control the actions of other people, 5th members or otherwise.

Teamspeak Etiquette
Communication is more important than any weapon you can get.
Where I come from (EvE Online) you need to coordinate attacks of hundreds to thousands of players and communication wins or loses wars.

Although we dont need to be nearly as structured, heres a few tips that will help ease communications in teamspeak.

• Calling "break" or "check" in teamspeak is a signal for com silence except for operations; using it is great practice and others usually follow your good example
  • You ONLY need to say some once and clearly, repeating things 3 or 5 times only adds to confusion and background noise
  • Dont join a channel to and derail op conversation with your own agenda, respect the channels operations.
  • Dont intentionally talk over anyone, if someone starts to talk dont continue over them
  • Dont talk unless its vital; during operations, its fine to small
    talk but when your not involved and a break is called, immediately stop
    chatter or take it to another channel as people in the ops need a clear
    coms for a reason.

You would think it would be common sense, but we have a diverse set of
player from different gaming backgrounds, practice patience and exercise
your own rules.

If you dont like raging or shouting in teamspeak, dont rage or yell
back at anyone. To avoid confusion and potentially insulting someone,
dont worry about yelling at other people or fixing com etiquette in the
heat of the moment, simply change channels and your local op team can
follow.

Remember, its alpha and very buggy; there will be many changes and gear wipes. Be courteous and play how you feel everyone should play, telling others how to will not change their play styles.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Ghandi
Fish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fish's Manifesto

Post by JimMountain on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:25 pm

Fish.... You have a beard. DONT YOU? ADMIT IT!
JimMountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuprör on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:23 am

I do not agree with ALT F4 at all...
And ghosting is even worse...

If you to attack against another player and that bites you in the ass its a really dick move from you to alt f4...

But i am okey with alt f4 to pull out from hackers and and ghoster and others that cant hande a fair fight...

Stuprör

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hansen2012 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:37 pm

This is good information and something I will be taking with me to the Teamspeak.

hansen2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down